Dream about – and anticipate – your next Avalon river cruise on “The Beautiful Blue Danube”, as the famous waltz calls it.
Plus save hundreds if you book by June 1st, 2020!
The Danube River winds and bends through 10 countries to carve a historic path that unites fairytale villages, capital cities, cliffside castles and forested slopes for picture-perfect landscapes as far as the eye can see.
Along this legendary path, Avalon Waterways has created a boatload of extraordinary experiences for travelers. The river cruise line has unveiled for 2021:
6 NEW Danube River ports
· ILOK, CROATIA: Surrounded by wine-growing hills, Ilok is the easternmost town in Croatia. Here, Avalon Waterways will invite travelers to delve into the town’s 1,000-year-old wine-making tradition and explore Ilok’s cultural heritage, protected by a medieval fortress.
· GOLUBAC, SERBIA: Sitting high above the Danube River, just outside the Iron Gates, is the medieval Golubac fortress: One of the best-preserved fortresses in Europe. Here, guests will soon be invited to learn about the area’s tumultuous history, its ties to the Habsburg Monarchy and Ottoman Empire.
· CONSTANTA, ROMANIA: An incredible, port city on the Black Sea, Constanta offers sweeping views and a seaside getaway. Here, travelers can soon explore the city’s Natural History & Archeological Museum for a glimpse into early Romanian cultures.
· YBBS, AUSTRIA: Established in the 1300s, Ybbs acted as an important port for trade in the Middle Ages. Today, it serves as the entry point for the Danube to lower Austria. Avalon Waterways will be the first international cruise operator to stop in this village and invite guests to experience the area.
· HAINBURG, AUSTRIA: This beautiful Austrian village sits 20 miles outside Bratislava and has a strong Habsburg history. Here, Avalon guests will have the opportunity to experience the area’s wetlands, castle and even its strong, Roman past.
3 NEW 2021 European river cruise vacations that feature new ports and Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria:
ASK US ABOUT ITINERARY DETAILS,
AVALON'S PEACE OF MIND BOOKING POLICIES
AND CURRENTLY AVAILABLE OFFERS THAT CAN SAVE YOU HUNDREDS!
ABOUT AVALON WATERWAYS
Avalon Waterways’ signature Suite Ships which provide guests two full decks of 200-square-foot, one-of-a-kind Panorama Suites featuring the industry’s only Open-Air Balconies and beds facing the incredible views for which river cruising is famous.
On an Avalon cruise, schedules give way to whims, leaving travelers the freedom to do exactly as they please, when they please. Whether enjoying a guided walking tour of one of Europe’s great cities, joining a cooking class or paddling a canoe, our Avalon Choice® selections of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions offer a wide range of possibilities.
When travelers prefer to explore on their own, Avalon helps with recommendations, information and the gear they need, thanks to Adventure Hosts, an Adventure Center and AvalonGO mobile app. And when it’s time to refuel, Avalon's FlexDining® program gives guests the choices they crave.
When travelers sail the world with Avalon Waterways, every day is an adventure and every adventure is up to our guests.